Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sauteed Beef with Vermicelli and Braised Green Beans

This is my "go-to" recipe when I don't want to have to think, but I still want a yummy meal. In other words, we have it quite often. I have to thank my mother-in-law for the tip on corn starch. Until recently, I always use flour for thickening, but she really showed wisdom when telling me to use corn starch. It has made a huge difference.

Sauteed Beef - You'll need:

1 1/4 lbs. cubed beef
1/2 red onion, minced
1/2 tbsp grape seed oil
black pepper to taste
1 tsp minced garlic
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/2 tbsp szechuan spicy stir fry sauce
1 tbsp corstarch
2 tbsp water

Add beef, onion, oil, pepper and garlic to sauce pan. Saute until beef is brown on all sides.


Add all remaining ingredients except corn starch and water. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Combine corn starch and water in separate bowl, then add slowly until you reach your desired consistency.

Vermicelli - You'll need:

5 oz. vermicelli
1 tbsp grape seed oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley

Bring to boil 1 3/4 c. water. Add vermicelli, oil, garlic powder, and parsley. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.

Braised Green Beans - You'll need:

1 can green beans
1/4 c. vinegar
1 tsp sugar
black pepper to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Combine all ingredients and hard boil for about 25 minutes.

My entire family really enjoys this meal. It's very easy to make and I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. I think this method of cooking green beans will be a pleasant surprise for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment