Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Halloween!

This is my first year being able to decorate for Halloween. Last year we moved into our house ON HALLOWEEN DAY!!! So naturally, I should celebrate the momentous anniversary of our first home by creating some cute decor for the front porch.


I found this welcome post at the thrift store for $4. It was white and blue with blue letters and kind of ugly. Gotta love spray paint! I used outdoor acrylic paint for the letters.

Alas, my pumpkin tower. I've seen many different variations, and loved them all. So I combined all the ideas in the blogosphere to create mine.

The top of my tower is a rolled up dryer duct that I spray painted orange, put glitter glue on, and stuck a stick through the middle.

The middle section is a roll of toilet paper covered in fabric.

The bottom section is an actual dried out pumpkin. Even though it was already orange, I painted it to match the top anyway and put glitter on it. The top piece was cut out to make it stackable. So I just set it on the side for extra decoration.

Here's the view from my walkway. I know I have a long way to go with decorating but I really love the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment