Saturday, January 8, 2011

Poetry 3

This is dedicated to my firstborn...


For months I held you safe in nature's sweet embrace
We'd talk and read and sing, and I'd long to see your face
In every waking moment, I was thinking about you
Thinking about the day you would make my dreams come true

I was dreaming of your innocence and counting down the days
I was thinking of how I would love you in oh so many ways
I was waiting for your presence to be known unto the world
I was hoping for an angel that I, myself, could hold

Plans were made, and one day soon you came into my life
I soon found out it's hard to be a mother and a wife
I worked so hard, but still you cried, and I didn't understand
I looked for someone stronger to come and take my hand

The next few years were not the way I thought that they would be
It took a lot of love and work for Him to make me see
That every dream is different, but every one comes true
Through all the trials and hardships, I'm so grateful He sent you

1 comment: