Saturday, January 1, 2011

Accent Chair Makeover

So, here's what I started with. These are actually our patio chairs, but since winter in Idaho is less than welcoming, we had to bring them inside. I love these chairs and I don't want to alter them permanently, I just want them to match my living room while they're in the house.


The first thing I did was make a slip cover for the bottom cushion. I had an old couch cover in my storage room, and I ripped it up and used the material. Then, I was about to make a cover for the back cushion when I remembered that I have these awesome Euro-pillows just laying around. A friend of mine gave them to me when she moved, and I never really figured out where to put them. 


Here is a before/after kind of shot. Don't worry, chair number two should be finished soon. 


I might be adding a tutorial of how to make these cushion slipcovers when I make my second one. They're actually very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment