Monday, January 10, 2011

Dark and Twisty

I'm sitting in the dark wilderness and nobody can see me.
I'm screaming in the vast wilderness and nobody can hear me.
I exist in this wilderness but nobody can feel me.
I'm rotting in this wilderness and the beasts do not smell me.

There are others in the wilderness and I see them.
They are screaming in their wilderness and I can hear them.
They exist in their wilderness and I touch them.
They do not rot in their wilderness but I smell them.

Why are they so blind but I can see?
Who gave me ears to hear when I can't breath?
When will they feel my gentle need?
What scent must I emit to stop their greed?

Perhaps this wilderness is not for me.
Maybe I should leave and let them be.
Conceivably this dream will end, we'll see.
Possibly I will take my pain and flee.

I could paddle down the river, but there would be no fish and I would starve.
I could move into the city, but the restaurants would disappear and I would starve.
I could build a treehouse in the jungle, but there would be no fruit and I would starve.
I could stay here in my wilderness, alone, and my soul will starve.

Which path in life will I choose?
What plan is in store for me?
What dreams will I lose?
Which road will it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment