Sunday, April 11, 2010

Getting Started!

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to my blog, The Picky Eater. It was inspired by my husband and two boys who refuse to eat anything that looks even slightly healthy. Just a little bit about me. I'm very happily married to the most wonderful husband. We have two little boys together, Phillip who is four, and Daniel who is nine months. I home preschool my four year old, along with another little girl and it is so much fun! I try to keep myself busy with the children, cooking, crafts, and hubby time. Here are a few pictures to get things started:

Banana Bread! I love the beautiful bread I get when baking with silicone molds.
Mike's favorite breakfast ever, so simple and easy but he goes nuts for it!
Mmmm, Mike's favorite meal in the entire world, chili! This is an amazing recipe that has won first prize!
What is the best gift a husband could give his wife who loves to bake? A stand mixer!
I absolutely love using fresh herbs when I cook. This is my first little baby herb garden, awe.
Mike and I hate store-bought ground beef, but home made is so good it can melt in your mouth!
My four year old's meal of choice, ha ha.

So, here is this week's menu. I'll be putting my weekly menu up every Monday and following up with the recipes and pictures once I've made them.
Monday: Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Tuesday: Chile Verde
Wednesday: Lasagna
Thursday: Italian Poor Man's Soup
Friday: Leftovers from Monday
Saturday: Leftovers from Tuesday
Sunday: Leftovers from Wednesday


2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Jamie! :) Fresh herbs are the best!

    (This is Whitney, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!! I'm excited to see the recipes, I love the banana bread!

    ReplyDelete